How do I clear the app cache and my data for the app?
One of the updates that happened between Android 5.0 and 6.0 is allowing the mobile user to clear the app cache and the data for the app.
The app cache stores data for its apps or websites. What is app cache, read my other post for more info. One thing to remember is that if your storage is running low, have a look at the app data/cache.
It is generally a good idea to check the data and cache usage for the apps on your device every now and then. I have checked my phone and some app will surprise you as to how much storage they actually take up.
To clear the app data or cache follow the steps below:
- Go to the Settings Menu (tapping the cog icon in the notification tray)
- Click on Apps
- Find the All tab -this will show you all of the apps on your device.
- Select an app that is taking up a lot of space or the one you want to clean.
- Click the button Clear Cache.
Note–If you’re using Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device then you will need to click on Storage and then Clear Cache for the app.
Now if you want to do the same thing but for your entire device then there is a short cut.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Storage
- Cache Data or Saved Data
- A screen will ask you for a confirmation to remove everything stored within the caches.
- Confirm and save to remove the content.
That’s is all of the data and cache data has been removed for the apps.